Truthful jokes

Jokes are often seen as acceptable lies. If I were to say "you are a filthy whore" to a female friend, she might take offense. But I wasn't serious, just joking. My friends know that I'm rarely serious, all things considered. It's just not that fun to be, unless I'm thinking like this. But see, some jokes have truth mixed in. Just because I am joking doesn't mean that's not what I actually think of you. Jokes are the best way to tell people how you REALLY feel about them. I could go up to Hitler and laugh about how stupid he is, but as long as I'm joking, he will probably laugh too. In other words, I can get away with pretty much anything so long as it's a joke. I'm just joking yo. One of my favorite types of jokes are good insults. I like to come up with the best burn in a given situation. So long as I do that to everyone, it will be indistinguishable when my jokes have some truth in them. That way, I can freely express my real opinion of somebody I hate, and still have them laugh. At themselves no less. Jokes are a great out. So what's the moral of the story here? You can practically get away with murder so long as you are "just joking".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Incels are equal parts interesting and sad

I wish I wasn't different

Laziness