The logical idiot

Logic is a rather interesting thing. I'd say most people are not logical beings. Most people are driven by emotion and bias. I think it's possible to be incredibly intelligent, yet not very logical. And vice versa. Though it seems like an oxymoron to say the illogical genuis, I'd say it's a very possible thing. That's because, you can be smart in any number of things. You can be a smart mechanic, or a smart trucker. Nobody is smart about everything. Intelligence is different in that it's more about your potential to be smart about various things. Not very intelligent people may cap out at being smart about trucking. Extremely intelligent people are potentially limitless in what they can do, but more notably, not in what they will do. See, as I said, it's impossible that you can be truly smart about everything. That is true even for the most intelligent. They must specialize. Logic is one of those specialties. It's true that most intelligent people are logical, but that's because most intelligent people choose to be smart about things that require you to be smart about logic. Like STEM, law, medical field, etc. That said, it's true that some intelligent people can decide to focus on being a smart mechanic, and never become smart about logic. And thus will be intelligent, yet not logical. Since that's the case, there must exist people not too intelligent that can specialize in logic. I myself think I fall into average intelligence by that definition. Maybe slightly above, but that's being generous. My specialty is logic and argumentation. That's what I've chosen. Due to the fact intelligent people normally choose to be smart about logic, people like me are often confused as being intelligent, but we aren't truly. I'm not truly. That's why people who know me often say I'm the dumbest smart kid they've ever met. Or you could say, the logical idiot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Incels are equal parts interesting and sad

I wish I wasn't different

Laziness