Social laws 1 and 2

I have touched upon this in the past with my post on labeling yourself, but I have my own little set of social laws. Things I believe to be true most of, if not all of the time. I usually conclude these laws through my own experience. But sometimes I have some evidence. I have my own internal list, but it is cumbersome to remember them all. It's like names. You DO know all the names of your coworkers(hopefully) but naming them all can be difficult. As a result of this, I will explain my laws as they become relevent to me. This one is my first one on this blog, so I shall dub it "social law #1". Cool huh? Makes me sound smart or something. Anyways. Here it is. I derive this from the dunning Kruger effect and my own personal experience. The more somebody claims to be X, the less likely they are to be X. Here are some examples. The more somebody claims to be nice, the less likely they are to be nice. The more somebody claims to be smart, the less likely they are to be smart. Simple right?

Here is "Social law #2". The less likely that somebody is X, the more likely they are to be -X. -X represents the opposite of X. Here are some examples. The less likely somebody is to be nice, the more likely they are to be mean. The less likely somebody is to be smart, the more likely more likely they are to be stupid. Less simple but still true in my my experience.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Incels are equal parts interesting and sad

Laziness

I wish I wasn't different