Who is my worst enemy you ask? Well that would be me. There is nobody on this planet more critical of me than me. This is just a fact of life for me. I can't help it. Whenever I do something wrong, I'm the one who obsesses. Others might even say it doesn't matter, but my inner monologue will still go the way I expect. Me berating myself. Inner me is rarely constructive with critisicm. It's usually a barrage of insults. Sure, sometimes inner me is very constructive, but normally, I already know what I must do in order to improve. Inner me doesn't need to tell me, so he doesn't. He just insults. Funny how that works huh? Self-deprication is one of the best ways for me to deal with my failures. Agreeing with inner me brings me inner peace. Sure, we argue on occasion. But mostly I just agree. Voicing this to others as well. I think self-depricating humor is the way to go. I love it. So just like with my arrogance, there are layers. It's a joke too.
Hedonism. An interesting concept to be sure. Hedonism. The pursuit of pleasure and self-indulgence. Ethically, it's the idea that pleasure is the absolute good. It's quite similar to utilitarianism. In fact, one could say they go hand in hand. The idea is to maximize utility. Utility being happiness and pleasure. That coincided pretty well no? But just talking the non-ethical part. That being the active pursuit of pleasure. It's more like a way of life. I'd say that the main way I try to live is to avoid boredom. Stay amused. That's my pursuit. But by the same coin, hedonism is my pursuit. Avoiding boredom and pursuing amusement is pleasure of the highest degree to me. This fact makes me a stark hedonist. And why shouldn't I be? Because it's sinful? Immoral? Yeah, according to whom? God? Doesn't exist. Culture? Screw that noise. Doing what makes me happy should be what I do in life. Who is to say that is wrong? I'd say those people are nothing but se...
I was watching a video made by TL;DR. Who makes amazing evidence driven videos on youtube. He decided to talk about the issue of social isolation and how that affects incels. He made some interesting points that got me thinking. I would definitely recommend the video if you have some interest in the subject yourself. Personally, I find incels to be rather pitiable, but interesting nonetheless. Incels are entirely unique to the modern era. Sure, there may have been incels throughout history; however, they were not very vocal about that. We now live in the era where you can be extremely vocal no matter who you are. So maybe these people have always existed, but we are now finding out about them. Either way, it is definitely an interesting study in social interactions between humans. For those that do not know, an incel is an involuntary celibate. Meaning they want to have a romantic partner, but cannot find one. I won't repeat the points made in the TL;DR video. If you want to watch ...
Comments
Post a Comment