Self improvement and change

Is it worth it? There is a stark difference between merely getting better at something and changing. Is change necessarily good? The way I do things is messed up to most people. I don't know why, but it is. They say that I don't sleep enough. I shouldn't stay up until 3 in the morning. They say I procrastinate too much. I should get my work done early. Stuff like that. To that I say, I'm happy. I get my work done. My way of doing things has made me successful. So why change? Why change what isn't broken? Could I be even better? Sure. But would I be happy? No. I need to enjoy life. How can I expect to ever find my genuine thing If I don't?
In my case, the question is whether the ends justify the means. I'm happy with the way I live. I also get done what is necessary, to a point. I have trouble remembering to brush my teeth, eat, excercise, etc. Mostly things that effect my health. It's not like I don't do those things, I'm just not consistent enough. I realize I need to get better at that. But it's not change if I'm just getting better at doing things I already do.  Other than those things, I get done what is necessary and I'm happy with that. Why should I have to change the way I do things when it won't really help to so so? Thus I conclude that self improvement is good, but change is not.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Incels are equal parts interesting and sad

Laziness

I wish I wasn't different