Hate vs Love

Which is stronger? Im on a roll today. Lots of thoughts in my head today. Anyways, I was watching some piano/organ music and came across a song called hate. In the comments, I saw somebody note that hate is stronger than love. That got me thinking.
Which is truly stronger? I err on the side of hate here. I'm sure most would not want to admit this fact, but love is quite fragile. The smallest of actions can make or break love. All it takes to end a relationship is to have sex with somebody other than you partner. Hell, it doesn't even take that. Sometimes it just disappears out of boredom. Sometimes when a better person comes along, it changes. Hate is not so fickle and weak. There is little one can do to change the hate whithin somebody. It's depicted in fiction all the time. Once you fall into hate, it's remarkebly hard to get out. It's incredibly easy for those on the side of love to make the switch though. It takes a lot for somebody to truly hate something, but love can be instantaneous. Especially if you believe in love at first sight. Sure, love has the potential to be strong, but hate is innately stronger. That's why villains are basically always stronger in fiction than the heroes. Love is the underdog to Hate's topdog. We love seeing the underdog take on the top dog and win. The underdog can win, but it is innately weaker.
Love is the perfect underdog to hate's topdog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Incels are equal parts interesting and sad

Laziness

I wish I wasn't different