Honor and Morality

Where do I get my personal set of values from? This is a layered question for me. My personal values come from a mix of what I call honor and morality. I see honor as something separate from morality. Honor is more about adhering to a set of principles rather than a set of values. What I mean is this. Morality is about being right or wrong. If an action you take is moral, then it is good. If it is immoral, then it is bad. An action I take could be both honorable and immoral. It could also be both dishonorable and moral. It is all about which I prefer to adhere to. Personally, I view morality as the superior authority. The reason that I have for the need of my little code of honor is this. There are not many things that I see as expressly wrong. We live in a world of greys, and my morality represents that. There ARE things that I consider wrong, but to me, "wrong" is a very strong word. I may not like something, but that does not make it wrong. That is where my little code of honor comes in. I may not consider an action wrong per se, but I still don't like it. In order to represent this, I use honor. I think poisoning is the worst form of murder because it is cowardly. Murder is normally wrong, but certain forms are worse than others. Logically, there is no real difference between poisoning and stabbing. Both result in the death of the person. Because of this, I am unable to consider a particular form of murder more wrong. I can consider it more dishonorable though. I think being cowardly is pathetic. Being pathetic is dishonorable. I think pushing one's own values unto others is reprehensible. I think it is reprehensible because morality is not objective. One should only push things unto others that are objective. I have no problems with pushing facts unto others. I have no problem mocking and humiliating morons that reject reality. I have no problem with people that do the same. I see lying as cowardly. I think that if one lies, he or she is essentially dissing the truth and admitting that he or she is too scared to admit the truth. Thus, I try not to lie. I think being cowardly is dishonorable. That is why I try not to be cowardly. So yeah.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Incels are equal parts interesting and sad

I wish I wasn't different

Laziness